"Mrs. Fannie Eleanor ORR, daughter of Hugh and Jane KERR, was born near Charlotte, North Carolina, Oct. 5, 1814, and departed this life Dec. 2, 1872.

She removed in her twelfth or thirteenth year with her parents to Tennessee. She professed religion at a camp-meeting in Cornersville, Giles county, Tenn., and joing the Presbyterian Churcha at Elk Ridge.

In September 1833 she was united in marriage to Mr. W. D. ORR, her bereaved companion, and afterwards joined the Cumberland Presbyterain Church at Bear Creek, in Marshall County, Tenn.

In March, 1835 she removed with her husband to Giles county, Tenn., where she remained until removed by the relentless hand of death.

It has seldom been my lot to record the death of one in whom a greater number of social and Christian virtures were blended; and all who knew her will bear testimony to the correctness of this remark.

She was a model woman in the circle where she moved. She was deprived, on account of distance, of attending regularly the Church of her choice, yet being a Christian from principle, she enjoyed herself among those of a different order. she often worshiped with the Methodists at Mt. Pleasant, a church in her neighborhood; and frequently has the writer been made to rejoice while beholding her countenance radiant with joy, when from a full soul the lips gave vent to expressions which could only come from a heart filled with love to God.

She was deeply afflicted for several weeks, but endured her affliction withoug a murmur. When taken sick, she seemed to be impressed that she would die, but she had set her house inorder.

Death had no terrors for her. She expressed a desire to live longer with those whom she loved so dearly, but serenely submitted all to Him who she believed was infinitely wise and good.

She lived to see all her children grown, and saw the precious fruits spring forth, as the result of years of labor and anxiety assiduously devoted to the training and bringing up her children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

As a companion, she was all that could be desired. She was a helpmeet, indeed; and by her industry and economy accomplished more than nine-tenths of her class at the present day.

She was a devoted mother, and took great delight in laboring to render her children comfortable and happy.

I do not think that I ever saw a family more devoted to each other, but her devotion was not confined to her family circle. It was her delight to do all the good that lay in her power to those around her by visiting the sick and afflicted of her neighborhood and administering to their wants.

A short time before her death she called all her children around her bed and gave to each a parting admonition, urging those of them who had families to be careful in training their children, and admonishing all to live right and meet her in heaven.

On the evening before her death the writer was with her. By request, I sung and prayed.

At the conclusion of the prayer (though her voice was exceedingly weak and she was sinking) she was heard to say, "Thank the Lord! Happy! Happy!" Fom that time (though concious to the last) she gradually sank until about noon the next day, when, without any apparent suffering, she quietly fell asleep and her pure spirit winged its flight from earth to heaven.

Sister ORR is gone, but it is to heaven. She fell, but like a conqueror, in the arms of victory. Then we would say to the bereaved: Weep not; she is not dead, but liveth; and though she cannot come to you, yet you may go to her.

May God's grace and the influence of his holy Spirit so direct the loved ones left behind that they may all finally meet her in heaven.

April 1873 W. J. B.