1. Margaret Ann Hobbs b.8/3/1823 d.3/7/1869(TN)|
2. WILLIAM HENRY HOBBS b.12/9/1824(TN) d.6/30/1871(TN) m.2/13/1849
LOUISA J. KERR b. 10/2/1829(TN)d.10/27/1908(TN)
3. Elizabeth Jane Hobbs b.9/23/1826(TN) d.7/17/1828(TN)
4. Susannah J. Hobbs b.4/31/1828(TN)d.10/15/1828(TN)
5. Thomas Jackson
Hobbs b.11/13/1830(TN) d.3/1/1895
m.11/3/1852 Jane Caroline Coffey b.3/14/1836(TN) d.2/14/1925(TN)
6. Joshua Hobbs b.9/1/1832(TN) d...(TN) m....Taylor(TN)
7. Caleb Hobbs b.7/13/1834(TN) d.3/31/1897(TN) m.1867 Nancy Coffee b.1840 d.1910(TN)
8. Joseph Isham Hobbs b.7/27/1836(TN)d.8/1/1840
9. Benjamin Franklin Hobbs b.8/2/1838(TN) d.9/13/1908)TN) m.10/22/1887 Susan Jackson b.1849 d.1910(TN)
10. Jefferson Lafayette Hobbs b.12/19/1842(TN) d.3/7/1922(TN) m.Elizabeth Lucretia Coffey b.10/28/1849 d.2/12/1921(TN)
11. Martha Ellen Hobbs b.9/20/1843(TN) d.1/8/1884(TN) m. Newt Thompson
12.John Nicholson Hobbs b.6/21/1845(TN) d.10/28/1925(TN) m.Julia Ann Adkinson b.7/12/1850 d.12/21/1917
Descendants Of James Kerr:|
James Kerr was born in 1710 in Glascow, Scotland, and died in 1800.
He married (1) unknown, 1730, leaving a daughter, Elizabeth Kerr who married a Andrew Smith.
He then married (2) the widow, Rowena Spear of Ireland in 1733.
In 1734 he emigrated with his wife Rowena, her daughter, and her father, John Spear of Ireland to Pennslyvania.
He then emigrated to North Carolina with his family and located in what is known as the head of the Eno River in Orange County (known as Campbell Station)
James Kerr,Sr. had three sons, all of whom served in the Revolution, the first William, and the second, John, gave their lives for the cause of liberty. The third son, James Kerr,Jr. being the only one to survive the war.